Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist North London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Tottenham there are 48 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: Share any tracks that aren't quite ready yet, receive advice from other artists, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world what you can do. Win equipment, studio time, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist ops: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Tottenham, it’s a pleasure to be here. Roller Nation, The Cause, Five Miles and plenty more are smashing it in this part of town — now it’s your turn with these new studios. There’s a bunch of spots near the studios too if you’re looking to grab a breather between rehearsals. Take a look:
- Zen Records: small shop, big taste in old and rare reggae, ska, soul, jungle — every UK sound under the sun, all under one roof
- LOVEN presents: Neapolitan-style Italian restaurant with a massive menu for meaties and vegans
- Cafe Lemon: proper brunch spot for all-day breakfasts
- Walthamstow Wetlands: clear your head and stretch your legs, it's only a 20-minute walk from the studios
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 2 Norman Rd, London, N15 4ND.
The studios will not be wheelchair accessible until the site lift undergoes essential maintenance. Rest assured, we are aiming to fix this as soon as possible — apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. [Last updated 20.09.21]
The studios are a 5-minute walk from the closest station, Seven Sisters — a 20-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus. Buses stop at Seven Sisters station also.
Driving or cycling? We don't have any dedicated Pirate spaces, but you can park on Norman Road and in the surrounding area.
From the Community
"I’ve met up with so many DJ friends at Pirate for little B2B sessions and also ended up in a bunch of impromptu sessions"
Saint Ludo — DJ Mag