Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Devon studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Plymouth there are seven spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Introduce yourself, get feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter regular competitions, share your favourite local hangout… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Request collaboration on your next project, or offer your skills to a Pirate artist.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback on other artist's music.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Your studios are situated only a short stroll away from the harbour; with it, a smorgasbord of eateries, vistas, and cultural points of interest.
Popping out for a quick break from rehearsal? The Hutong Cafe sits practically on top of the studios on Stonehouse St; their Roastworks coffees and traditional brunches evoke a home-from-home feeling like no other in the area.
Just across the road on George Place, you'll find the largest independent gallery and events space in the South West, KARST. In-house studio artists and thought-provoking exhibitions have solidified its reputation as a local cultural phenomenon.
If you are looking for a little breathing space, highlights within walking distance include Devil's Point, Millbay Pier and the Royal Citadel.
From the Community
Frequently asked questions
The Plymouth edition of our FAQs has the top things you need to know about your session. Need more help? Hit up our support team via Live Chat.
Getting here and access
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I'm having trouble with a code or lock — help?
Slow and gentle! Our locks can be a little sensitive so put your code in slowly and as detailed on your booking — such as * 1 2 3 4 5 6. Don't forget the star!
You might be sent a four-digit code as a replacement for the booking, such as 1 2 3 4. As above, press slowly and in this case, with no star, *.
If you're having trouble with the lock or code, use # to reset and try again. If this doesn't work, please contact us via WhatsApp and we'll help get you in as soon as possible.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate.com and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
Can I hire extra equipment?
Unfortunately, due to repeated issues with the damage and misplacement of equipment, we can no longer offer a guaranteed hire service. Keyboards, stands and extra cables should still be available in spares, so please message us on WhatsApp or Live Chat when you arrive at your session for access.
If a keyboard is essential for your session, please book a room that comes with one as standard or bring your own to the session to avoid disappointment.
Please refer to the equipment list for each studio via book.pirate.com for more information.
Are food and drinks available at the studios?
A handful of locations do have vending machines but we suggest you bring your own food and drinks with you. Most Pirate sites are near local shops for convenience, and several sites have a kettle and microwave. Check out our support hub or the location page for your Pirate studio for further details.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen area
- Custom temperature control
- Professional equipment
- Spares available
- Self-service, pay by the hour
- W/C facilities
- 24/7 pin code access
- 24/7 customer support
- Acoustically-treated rooms
- Rehearsal studios
- DJ studios