Brighton & Hove
What's up, Brighton and Hove? We've created a 24/7 space for you to write, produce, practice, record and mix with no distractions. Over to you.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Sussex studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Brighton and Hove there are 11 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard DJ equipment
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig in
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Join the COMMUNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirates worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Creativity by the sea
The sounds coming out of Brighton are huge. We're hearing great things about Fur, Egyptian Blue, DITZ, Nature TV, Penelope Isles, Beach Riot and Orchards — just to name a few. Of course, you can't talk about Sussex without mentioning local legends Midland, Nick Cave and xx.
If you need a break from the studios there is a cluster of independent cafes (offering a great selection of local produce) on George Street and Church St. Local pubs include the Poets Ale and Smokehouse, and the Ancient Mariner. For fresh air and reinvigoration, the studios are a 15-minute walk from the seafront. Mmm, negative ions.
From the Community
"Pirate studios are great for flexibility of the pricing, times and duration of the session and the variety of choice when it comes to the space you require. I have been using them for solo and band practice sessions and never experienced any problems. The equipment though could have a bit more attention in terms of maintenance - I am refering to drum equipment first of all - but the support is very responsive and fast in solving any issues if there are any. Will definitely recommend them and continue using their service myself."
Frequently asked questions
The Brighton edition of our FAQs has the top things you need to know about your session. Need more help? Hit up our support team via Live Chat.
Getting here and access
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I'm having trouble with a code or lock — help?
Slow and gentle! Our locks can be a little sensitive so put your code in slowly and as detailed on your booking — such as * 1 2 3 4 5 6. Don't forget the star!
You might be sent a four-digit code as a replacement for the booking, such as 1 2 3 4. As above, press slowly and in this case, with no star, *.
If you're having trouble with the lock or code, use # to reset and try again. If this doesn't work, please contact us via WhatsApp and we'll help get you in as soon as possible.
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Will any staff be available to help me with my session?
Our studios are self-service, which allows us to keep costs down for you. If you have any problems please message us on WhatsApp, or use the FAQs, live chat or call us ASAP.
If you have any equipment issues, we can help troubleshoot — the sooner you let us know, the better. We have replacement gear on-site in case of any technical faults.
How big are the studios?
Here are the approximate dimensions of each studio type. Studios can vary by location and type of build.
- Rehearsal Standard: From 100 to 130 sq. ft — fits four people maximum
- Rehearsal Standard+: 215 sq. ft — fits four people maximum
- Rehearsal Pro: between 215 to 300 sq. ft — fits six people maximum
- Rehearsal Showcase: 395 sq. ft — six or more people comfortably
- DJ Standard or DJ Pro: From 65 to 130 sq. ft — five people maximum
- Recording Standard or Recording Pro: From 65 to 175 sq. ft — five people maximum
- Video Editing Standard: From 65 to 175 sq. ft — five people maximum
- Podcast Standard: 110 sq. ft — fits six people maximum
- Dance Pro: 580 sq. ft — 11 people maximum
Are food and drinks available at the studios?
A handful of locations do have vending machines but we suggest you bring your own food and drinks with you. Most Pirate sites are near local shops for convenience, and several sites have a kettle and microwave. Check out our support hub or the location page for your Pirate studio for further details.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen area
- Custom temperature control
- Professional equipment
- Spares available
- Self-service, pay by the hour
- 24/7 pin code access
- W/C facilities
- Rehearsal studios
- DJ studios
- Recording studios
- 24/7 customer support
- Acoustically-treated rooms
The studio address is 10 St Josephs Close, Brighton and Hove, BN3 7ES.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Aldrington. Buses include the 28, 5, 5A, 47 and 71A.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.