Inside Your Brighton Rehearsal Studio
Find your own rehearsal room in Brighton. Choose from 6 music rehearsal studios on St Joseph's Close near Aldrington station, where you can play as loud as you want. Various sizes are available, from drum studios to full band practice rooms.
In a group of up to 4? Book a Standard studio.
Large band? Book Pro.
Looking for a drum practice room? Go for Lite.
Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist East Sussex studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Brighton and Hove there are 12 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig in
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Creativity by the sea
The sounds coming out of Brighton are huge. We're hearing great things about Fur, Egyptian Blue, DITZ, Nature TV, Penelope Isles, Beach Riot and Orchards — just to name a few. Of course, you can't talk about Sussex without mentioning local legends Midland, Nick Cave and xx.
If you need a break from the studios there is a cluster of independent cafes (offering a great selection of local produce) on George Street and Church St. Local pubs include the Poets Ale and Smokehouse, and the Ancient Mariner. For fresh air and reinvigoration, the studios are a 15-minute walk from the seafront. Mmm, negative ions.
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
The studio address is 10 St Josephs Close, Brighton and Hove, BN3 7ES. Get directions via Google Maps.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Aldrington. Buses include the 28, 5, 5A, 47 and 71A.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.