Salford, it's time to start, finish, cover, collaborate, rehearse, remix, produce. Express yourself at your local Manchester studios.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist Manchester studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Salford there are 12 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ studios, recording studios, rehearsal studios, podcast studios and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMMUNITY
Created by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the first stop for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Request advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, test your ability in competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with fellow musicians. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: A place for you to share your works in progress, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
S'happening in Salford
Your Salford studios are right in the middle of Salford Quays aka Media City, the home of BBC and ITV studios, and only stone’s throw away from the Salford Lads Club — immortalised by The Smiths in 1985 as one of the most famous album covers of all time.
Looking to tune up or upgrade your kit? You're in capable hands at Forsyth's, the area's premier music institution since 1857 with a wealth of expertise to offer.
This is hallowed ground for soap enthusiasts too — filming for one of the small screen's most iconic and longest-running shows, Coronation Street, takes place just around the corner.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"
Frequently asked questions
The Salford edition of our FAQs has the top things you need to know about your session. Need more help? Hit up our support team via Live Chat or visit the knowledge hub.
Getting here and access
Set up your Pirate.com account
It takes less than two minutes to become a member:
- Visit the account creation page.
- Enter your details in each field. If you have a referral code from another Pirate customer, please enter it at this point.
- Select Join Pirate.com and we’ll send you an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You’ll need to confirm this number before you can use your account.
- Confirmed? You’re ready to book.
How do I book a session?
Our live booking calendar shows the latest availability of studios. You can book anywhere from a year in advance right up until a few minutes beforehand. Some studios are popular, so we recommend securing your slot in advance.
TIP: Book enough time to set-up and get comfortable with the gear, and set-up/pack-down anything you’ve brought along.
What is verification and how does it work?
Being verified unlocks extra features at Pirate, like Refer-a-Friend credits. You also need to have your identity verified before you book one of our DJ or recording studios, so it’s a worthwhile investment! Don’t worry, the process only takes two minutes.
TIP: Use your mobile, it's easier to get a clear shot of your face/document.
I have an issue with my certificate code!
What if something breaks or I need a spare?
Spares in every location! We carry lots of spares in our sites, just in case you need any further equipment or something has a fault. You'll also find lots of spare cables and mics in our rehearsal studios if needed.
Something missing from the room or you need an item from the Spares cupboard? Hit us up on Live Chat via the website or on WhatsApp. We will be more than happy to help.
Are food and drinks available at the studios?
A handful of locations do have vending machines but we suggest you bring your own food and drinks with you. Most Pirate sites are near local shops for convenience, and several sites have a kettle and microwave. Check out our support hub or the location page for your Pirate studio for further details.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen area
- Custom temperature control
- Professional equipment
- Spares available
- Self-service, pay by the hour
- 24/7 pin code access
- W/C facilities
- 24/7 customer support
- DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios
- Acoustically-treated rooms
The studio address is Unit 5, Sovereign Enterprise Park, King William St, Salford, M50 3UP.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest tram stop is Anchorage, and buses stop nearby on The Quays.
Have a question or need support? Check out our FAQs, use the Live Chat, or call us.