Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist South London creative studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Croydon there are 20 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write and produce songs or capture vocals
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What's Pirate saying?
A worldwide network of DJ, recording, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round-the-clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Midnight request line
Soon to be the London Borough of Culture, Croydon is shaking off its reputation and quickly becoming a vibrant hub of creativity in South London.
If you're a crate digger, Croydon is home to DnR Vinyl. This record store is probably the UK's leading UK garage stockist (along with grime, dubstep and bassline), with thousands of classic tracks in stock as well as new music regularly finding its way onto shelves. For a night out, Phase Croydon is a great new club and arts space.
When it comes to food, you can't go far wrong with a trip to Croydon Boxpark and the surrounding East Croydon area for casual or quick dining. "Fat Boys" Cafe is one of the famous local spots with the "Blow Out" breakfast challenge — finish it and get your money back! For something a little more formal, South Croydon's restaurant stretch has some great options.
When you're ready to come out of the studio, Croydon has a vast range of parks and green spaces. Beddington Park, with its cafe, historic church and river running through it is locals' top pick or try Waddon Ponds.
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
The studios are a 20-minute walk from the closest station, West Croydon — a 55-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus.
Driving? There is limited off-street parking available (four spaces), though we highly recommend that you book a parking space at Sainsbury's Purley Way for longer stays. It's a 5-minute walk to the studios and they are available 24/7: book your space here.
If you're coming by public transport, the nearest station is Wandle Park (tram). Buses stop nearby on Purley Way. For more information visit tfl.gov.uk