Inside Your Camden Rehearsal Room
Find your own rehearsal room in Camden, North London. Choose from 8 music rehearsal studios just minutes away from Kentish Town station where you can play as loud as you want. Various sizes are available, from drum studios to full band practice rooms.
In a group of up to 4? Book a Standard studio.
Large band? Book Pro.
Looking for a drum studio? Go for Lite.
Rehearsal Studio Types *
* Some studios may have different but equivalent equipment
Pirate rehearsal studios
High-quality equipment. Acoustically-treated studios. The music rehearsal studios are your space to get creative. All of our rehearsal studios are fully kitted, with a variety of room types to suit your needs:
- Practicing drums solo? Rehearsal Standard studios fit up to four people comfortably.
- Vocals with a backing band? Rehearsal Pro studios are perfect for five.
- Fine-tuning your ensemble performance? A Rehearsal Showcase studio fits six easily.
Inside, you’ll find the very best equipment from Marshall, Boss, Ashdown and more in all of our music practice rooms. Just starting out? An experienced pro? You’ll be set up for a great rehearsal every time.
New guidelines at Pirate Camden
- You need to register the names of all your guests when you make your booking – you’ll be prompted to do this when you make your next booking. Security will be checking everyone’s ID (including yours) at the entrance and if someone hasn’t been registered or doesn’t have ID on them, they won’t be allowed into the building.
- Under 18's are not permitted onsite after 9pm.
- Camden’s opening hours are now 9am-10pm. When you finish your session, please leave the area as quietly and quickly as you can. Any noise may be filmed by neighbours and used against Pirate.
- There will be no alcohol allowed in the studios. Security will be performing bag searches at the entrance to the site and any alcohol will be removed.
- Anyone caught with drugs in the studios will be reported directly to the police and removed from the building.
We really appreciate everyone doing their bit to help keep Pirate Camden safe for everyone. We don’t expect these measures to be in place forever, but right now, it’s really important that you respect our neighbours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist North London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Camden there are 37 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Your Camden studios are situated in the sweet spot between Kentish Town, Camden Road, Cally Road and Tufnell Park, making it the ideal location for some of North London's greatest hits — Camden Lock, The Emirates Stadium, KOKO and plenty more.
If you're in the area there's a bunch of under-the-radar spots to check out, including:
- Cantelowes Skatepark: easily one of the best outdoor bowls anywhere
- The Third Estate: eco-friendly clothing for all seasons
- DNA VR: Virtual Reality arcade with Half-Life: Alyx, no brainer
- Lord Stanley: one of the best pub pizzas we've had in London, and we've done the rounds
Know somewhere worth shouting about in Camden? We're all ears, share with the COMMUNITY.
- Amps - Marshall MG100HCFX 120w Guitar Head, Marshall 1960A 4x12 300w Guitar Cab
- Amps - Boss Katana Guitar Head, Marshall MX412A 4x12 240w Guitar Cab
- Bass Amps - Ashdown/Fender Bass Amps and Cabs
- Drums - Natal Arcadia or Pearl Export five-piece drum kit (please bring your own drumsticks)
- Microphones - Stagg SDM50 vocal microphones and stands
- PA - Pioneer XPRS PA speakers
- Mixer - Alto 1202 12 channel mixer or Proel MQ12USB mixer
The studio address is 23-25 Hampshire Street, London NW5 2TE. Get directions via Google Maps.
The main entrance is on Hampshire Street, with the studio entrance up a short flight of interior stairs. For this reason, we are sorry to inform you that the studios are not fully accessible. However, our two alternative North London locations — Wembley (mostly accessible) and Tottenham (fully accessible) — are.
Coming by public transport? The studios are a 15-minute walk from the closest station, Kentish Town — a 20-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus. Buses 29, 253, N29, N235 and N279 all stop nearby on Brecknock Road; a five-minute walk away.
Driving or cycling? We do not have dedicated parking spaces for your car or bike, but there's plenty of paid public spaces on Hampshire Street and in the surrounding neighbourhood. Please be aware of any parking restrictions in order to avoid parking fines.