Inside your recording studios
The process of creation is different for everyone, yet the need for a quiet, productive space is universal. With self-service access, professional equipment provided free, and affordable day rates, our recording studios help you capture your creativity the moment it sparks.
Pop in for an hour, settle in for a day session, record, mix, edit — the space is yours for whatever purpose you need, and available 24/7 to work around your daily routine.
Writing studios for producers equipped with an audio interface, MIDI keyboard, condenser microphone, headphones, monitors and extras.
This has the same equipment specs as our specialist production writing studios, but with a curtained vocal booth and some extra space for high-quality vocal capture.
PIRATE.COM is the world’s largest creative studio and artist community network with close to 50 locations across the UK, DE, US and IE. Our acoustically-treated recording studios are a private environment to create, write and produce music, offering professional equipment and flexible day rates. For anyone with an interest in music production, regardless of your ethnicity, sexuality, gender or social status — this space is yours.
Your space to create
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our specialist North London studios are the perfect place to create, write, produce, practice and mix with no distractions.
In Camden there are 37 spaces ready for your next project:
- Hone your mix on club-standard equipment in the DJ studios
- Rehearsal studios to jam with your band or practice for the next gig
- Recording studios to write songs or record vocals
- Plug and play podcast studios for easy recording
Simply book and pay by the hour using our easy live calendar. It's time to let your creativity flow.
What is Pirate?
A worldwide network of DJ, production, rehearsal, podcast and dance studios, giving you round the clock access to create. Because we’re open 24/7, we've made the experience entirely self-service using our unique entry code system — but if you ever need a hand, we're here. The fastest way to get support is via Live Chat.
Stay creative with COMUNNITY
Set up by artists, for artists, COMMUNITY is the home for Pirate creatives worldwide.
Ask for advice and feedback on your music, put out a call for a collab, enter competitions, share the best-kept secret in your area… or simply connect with like-minded people. It’s all possible here.
- Collaborate: Seek out a collaborator to contribute to your next project, or offer your skills to someone in need.
- Feedback room: Head here to share your work in progress tracks, receive advice, and provide constructive feedback.
- Challenges: Your chance to show the world your talent. Win gear, studio credit, mentoring, and much more with regular artist challenges.
- Industry advice: This section will help you to understand the ins and outs of the industry. Chat about processes, marketing your brand, and anything else related to the business of creativity.
- Artist opportunities: Get your music featured on Pirate.com, receive exclusive offers from Pirate partners, and plenty more.
Your Camden studios are situated in the sweet spot between Kentish Town, Camden Road, Cally Road and Tufnell Park, making it the ideal location for some of North London's greatest hits — Camden Lock, The Emirates Stadium, KOKO and plenty more.
If you're in the area there's a bunch of under-the-radar spots to check out, including:
- Cantelowes Skatepark: easily one of the best outdoor bowls anywhere
- The Third Estate: eco-friendly clothing for all seasons
- DNA VR: Virtual Reality arcade with Half-Life: Alyx, no brainer
- Lord Stanley: one of the best pub pizzas we've had in London, and we've done the rounds
Know somewhere worth shouting about in Camden? We're all ears, share with the COMMUNITY.
- Monitors - Monitors: 2x KRK V6 or Yamaha HS8 or Focal Alpha 80
- Microphone - SE Electronics SE2200II Condenser or SE Electronics SE 2300
- Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 / Clarett 4pre / 2 pre
- Keyboard/Midi Controller - Novation Impulse 61 or NI Komplete Kontrol A61
- Headphones - Pioneer HRM or Pioneer HDJ-X5 or KRK 6400
- Other - External Screen, Keyboard & Mouse, Mic Stand, Keyboard Stand, XLR-XLR
The studio address is 23-25 Hampshire Street, London NW5 2TE
The main entrance is on Hampshire Street, with the studio entrance up a short flight of interior stairs. For this reason, we are sorry to inform you that the studios are not fully accessible. However, our two alternative North London locations — Wembley (mostly accessible) and Tottenham (fully accessible) — are.
Coming by public transport? The studios are a 15-minute walk from the closest station, Kentish Town — a 20-minute tube journey from Oxford Circus. Buses 29, 253, N29, N235 and N279 all stop nearby on Brecknock Road; a five-minute walk away.
Driving or cycling? We do not have dedicated parking spaces for your car or bike, but there's plenty of paid public spaces on Hampshire Street and in the surrounding neighbourhood. Please be aware of any parking restrictions in order to avoid parking fines.
From the Community
"I love Pirate and everything they do to support new artists!"